ASHM’S AFFILIATE PROGRAM WITH NEW ZEALAND SEXUALHEALTH SOCIETY -NZSHS
Welcome to the Australasian Society for HIV Medicine (ASHM). We are delighted to invite you to join our network of health workers dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by blood- borne viruses (BBVs) and sexually transmissible infections (STIs). All you need to do is follow a few simple steps to become an ASHM Affiliate, and thanks to a recent collaboration between our organisations, we are able to offer this to you free of charge.
Who is ASHM?
ASHM is a peak organisation of health professionals in Australia and New Zealand who work in HIV, viral hepatitis and STIs. ASHM draws on its experience and expertise to support the health workforce and to contribute to the sector, domestically and internationally.
What is an ASHM Affiliate?
NZSHS members have been invited to sign up as ASHM Affiliates. ASHM Affiliates can access most of the benefits of ASHM Membership without any of the costs. In fact, the only thing they can’t do is vote at the ASHM Annual General Meeting or stand for office.
Why become an Affiliate?
Becoming an Affiliate of ASHM is a great way to stay informed and develop networks in the sector. You can find a full list of the benefits of ASHM Membership on our website: www.ashm.org.au
Below are just some of the benefits of your Affiliate Program:
- Discounted registration to the annual Australasian HIV/AIDS Conference;
- Latest sector information through individually tailored email alerts corresponding to your selected areas of interest;
- Free or discounted training courses and seminars contributing to professional development and continuing professional registration requirements;
- Networking opportunities;
- Professional teaching, training and writing opportunities, and
- Contribution to the development of guidelines, standards and policies.
What do I need to do?
Becoming an Affiliate couldn’t be easier. Members need to log in and click on the following link: NZSHS-affiliate-membership
What will happen next?
Once you are signed up as an Affiliate of ASHM, you will receive a welcome email with details of how to access My ASHM. After that, you’re ready to go! All future correspondence from ASHM will be via email or through your Membership Liaison Officer.
For more information contact your Membership Liaison Officer Jackie Hilton or contact us through the website